Patients are seen by appointment only. We happily accept new patients by referral from a family physician or other specialist. We make every effort to honor all time commitments. On occasion, emergencies may cause a delay in our schedule. We will keep you informed of such delays. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please provide as much advanced notice as possible (24 hours requested). Missed new patient appointments may be charged a rescheduling fee. Excessive appointment absences may result in dismissal from the practice.
- Check in with the receptionist at each visit, presenting proper ID and insurance cards. Notify us of any changes in your address, telephone number, or personal contact information.
- Please bring all current medications with you.
- For your protection and to reduce the incidence of identity theft of insurance benefits, your picture will be taken. This will help ensure proper identification for the safety of your records, treatment, and insurance benefits.
- Patients requiring treatment with narcotics or controlled substances are required to sign a "Controlled Substance Agreement". Failure to comply with this agreement will result in no controlled substances being ordered. Sentara Rheumatology Specialists does participate with the Virginia and West Virginia Prescription Monitoring Program.
Billing and Insurance
- We accept and bill most insurances; however, you are responsible for your insurance co-pay. You will be expected to pay this at the time of your visit. You are also responsible for non-covered fees and deductibles. We accept major credit cards, checks and cash.
- If you are uninsured, a minimum payment of $50 is expected at the time of your visit. For individuals without insurance, we offer a discount for office visit charges (some exclusions apply). Financial assistance is also available for those who apply and qualify. Please contact our office for additional information.
For prescription refills, please contact your pharmacy. They will check your record and send a request form to us. If you need a written prescription (for mail order, etc.) or for prescriptions for controlled substances, call 540-689-5700 and provide the following information:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Medication name (please spell)
- Medication dose and frequency
Please allow 48 hours turnaround time.