If you are undergoing treatment for cancer, good nutrition is an important part of your overall care. Good nutrition can:
- Help you maintain your strength and energy
- Lessen side effects of treatment
- Promote a stronger immune system
- Help you heal and recover more quickly
The Sentara RMH Hahn Cancer Center offers nutrition counseling for all of our patients. Our dietitian is a board-certified specialist in oncology nutrition. She consults with patients in the Cancer Center by appointment, over the telephone or by email.
- Nutrition services can help you:
- Eat for optimal health
- Avoid weight loss during treatment
- Manage side effects of treatment such as: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, sore mouth or throat, difficulty swallowing, poor appetite and taste changes
- Plan meals based on your specific needs (weight loss/gain, diabetes, etc.)
- Find information on complementary nutrition/supplements
To participate in nutrition counseling services, contact 540-689-7046 or ask your nurse or doctor at the Sentara RMH Hahn Cancer Center for a nutrition referral.