At Sentara RMH Medical Center, we’re proud of our physicians, nurses and staff. Not just because they come from some of the finest institutions in our nation, but also because of their compassion, dedication and commitment to the health of our community.
The Hahn Cancer Center is no exception. The training and education of our team shows their commitment to excellence in cancer care.
- The Hahn Cancer Center is a recipient of the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer three-year accreditation with commendation.
- Many of our nurses are oncology certified nurses through the Oncology Nursing Society. In order to receive this certification, a nurse must have worked in oncology for two years and must pass an examination proving their knowledge of oncology care.
- Our certified clinical nurse specialist has more than 20 years of oncology experience.
- Our pharmacist is an oncology pharmacy specialist.
- Our dietitian is a certified specialist in oncology nutrition.
- The Hahn Cancer Center has a full time board certified medical physicist and a certified medical dosimetrist.
- Our counselor is a licensed clinical social worker with 13 years of oncology experience.
- Our physicians have received their education at notable institutions such as the Medical College of Virginia, University of Virginia, Georgetown University and more.