Sentara RMH's Cardiac Rehabilitation program will help your body heal, and will put you on the right path to a healthy lifestyle. The program includes supervised exercise therapy, along with education on nutrition, stress management, medications, and lifestyle changes. It is designed for persons who have had a heart attack, CABG, angina, coronary angioplasty and/or stent, chronic heart failure, heart transplant, and heart valve repair or replacement.
The program includes:
- Education specific to your needs on nutrition, stress management, medications, lifestyle changes and daily activities
- Monitored exercise supervised by trained rehab staff
- The use of specific exercise equipment to help you improve your physical condition and to help you return to work and daily activities sooner
Participating in the cardiac rehabilitation program will help:
- Improve physical fitness
- Reduce feelings of depression and anxiety common after a heart attack
- Provide an opportunity to involve your family in your care and recovery
- Assist you in returning to work and achieving a healthier, more active lifestyle.
- You and your family understand the changes in your life caused by your medical condition
- Reduce the risk of future heart problems
To enter the program you need a physician's referral. Please ask your doctor to call us. We will then call you to schedule a time for you to visit us and discuss your needs.