Sentara Mammography Services
Mammography is considered an invaluable tool against breast cancer, one of the most deadly types of cancer in women. Breast cancer physicians at Sentara support yearly screening mammography beginning at age 40.
At the Sentara RMH Funkhouser Women’s Center, you receive the highest quality mammography services. Our Center is recognized by the American College of Radiology as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. We are accredited in Mammography, Stereotactic Breast Biopsy, Breast MRI, Breast Ultrasound and Ultrasound- Guided Breast Biopsy. The Women’s Center is NAPBC-accredited as well.
- All mammograms are read by our local, hospital-associated radiologist group
- Our radiologist team includes two breast imaging specialists
- All patients are screened for our High Risk Breast Program
- Screening mammograms are read within 48 hours; diagnostic mammograms are read same day.
- When possible, we offer same-day diagnostic mammograms for abnormal screening mammograms.
- Biopsies, if needed, are done within seven days of a screening mammogram. When possible, we offer same day biopsies.
- 3D Tomosynthesisis available on site and in the mobile mammography van.
- Online appointment scheduling available.
- Financial assistance is available.