- 2½ cups water
- ¾ cup dried amaranth
- 2 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¾ cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine water and amaranth in large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until most of water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients except feta cheese in serving bowl. Set aside.
- Place amaranth in fine mesh strainer and run under cold water until completely cooled. Shake off excess liquid.
- Add to parsley mixture and toss until well blended. Stir in feta cheese and toss gently. Make 6 servings.