Apple Pistachio Crisp
April 24, 2018
By: Rita P. Smith, MS, RD, CDE, Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital
- 3 large apples, cored and cut into chunks
- ½ cup raisins
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ½ cup dry old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted and chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons melted butter-oil blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8x8-icnh square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place apple chunks, raisins and lemon juice in baking dish. Toss to combine.
- In a mixing bowl stir together oats, flour, cinnamon, brown sugar and pistachios. Add melted butter-oil blend. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture evenly over the apples. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.