Asparagus with Vinaigrette
- 1½ lbs. fresh asparagus, rinsed
- 2 large red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 large yellow bell peppers, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Bring ½-inch water to simmer in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus spears. Simmer until asparagus is just tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to platter. Keep warm.
- Wipe skillet dry. Coat with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Saute bell peppers until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in scallions and thyme; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and vinegar; bring to a simmer. Sprinkle with black pepper. Pour over asparagus.
Makes 4 servings.