Baked Fish with Tomatoes and Herbs
March 20, 2018
By: Rita P. Smith, MS, RD, CDE, Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 (4-ounce) white fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup finely chopped, seeded tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1½ teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12x8-inch glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange fish fillets in the pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons lemon juice over fillets and sprinkle with paprika. Cover with foil. Bake 18 minutes or until opaque in center and fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine tomatoes, capers, parsley, remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice, basil, oil and salt. Five minutes before fish is done, place saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes or until hot. Remove from heat. Serve fish topped with tomato mixture.