- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry oats
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon wheat bran
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 medium mashed bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- ½ cup chopped dried pineapple
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 18 muffin cup liners in muffin cups; coat liners with cooking spray.
- In large bowl whisk together the flours, oats, brown sugar, wheat bran, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center.
- In another bowl stir together the yogurt, banana and egg. Add to dry mixture and stir just until moist. Gently fold in dates, walnuts, and pineapple.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops with flaxseed.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched in the center. Remove muffins from tins immediately. Cool on wire rack.