Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
- 2 (1.5 lb.) pork tenderloins
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 whole-grain pita rounds
- ½ cup prepared horseradish
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thick slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thick slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place pork tenderloins in roasting pan; brush with barbecue sauce.
- Bake tenderloins 15 minutes; turn and back 15 minutes more or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees when tested with meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast. Transfer roast to cutting board; cover with foil. Let stand 10-15 minutes before carving.
- Slice pork across grain. Cut each pita in half crosswise; gently open. Spread horseradish onto inside of pita halves; stuff with pork, onion, lettuce and bell peppers.
Makes 8 servings.