Beet and Blue Cheese Salad
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach
- ½ cup diced red onions
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- ½ (15-ounce) can sliced beets, well drained
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup reduced-fat blue or feta cheese, crumbled
- Place equal amounts of spinach on each of 4 salad plates. Sprinkle evenly with onions and carrots. Arrange the beets over all.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except cheese, in small jar with lid. Secure the lid; shake vigorously and spoon 2 tablespoons dressing over each salad. Sprinkle the cheese evenly between the 4 salads.
Makes 4 servings.