- 1 cup fresh berries, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Angel food cake
- In small saucepan stir together berries, sugar and lemon juice.
- In small bowl whisk together water and cornstarch until smooth and blended. Stir into the berry mixture. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Puree mixture with hand-held immersion blender. Spoon over slices of angel food cake or vanilla ice cream. Makes 1 cup.