Black Bean Salad
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 ounces roasted red bell peppers, cut into thin strips or coarsely chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onion, divided
- 1/3 cup mild salsa
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 ounces reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- Place all ingredients except 1 tablespoon of the onion and the cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Toss gently to blend well. Let stand 15 minutes to absorb flavors.
- Just before serving, gently fold in all but 2 tablespoons cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese and onion on top.
Makes 6 servings.