Black Bean Tostadas
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed and slightly mashed
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped mild green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 (8-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup washed and torn Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup nonfat sour cream
- In small saucepan stir together beans, chilies and chili powder. Cook 5 minutes over medium heat or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Sprinkle tortillas with water; place in skillet, one at a time. Cook for 20 seconds or until hot, turning once.
- Spread bean mixture evenly over tortillas. Layer with lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese and sour cream.
Makes 4 tostadas.