Breakfast Egg-Potato Bowl
- 2 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green pepper, seeded, then chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 12 medium eggs
- 2 cups shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Optional toppings: tortilla chips, salsa, avocado
- 6 individual-sized containers with lids
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet, place potatoes, peppers and onions in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoned salt and ground black pepper. Toss until evenly coated.
- Roast for about 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and tender, stirring and rotating pan halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, crack eggs into a large bowl; season with salt and pepper and whisk until smooth. Heat a large skillet over medium heat; spray with nonstick spray and add eggs. Scramble until the eggs are just barely cooked through; scoop onto a plate and set aside.
- Divide the potatoes between the 6 containers; divide the eggs layering on top of the potatoes. Once cool, sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Place lids on containers and refrigerate. Use within 3 days.
- To reheat: microwave at 50% power for 1½ minutes; stir and continue microwaving until food is reheated, stirring between intervals. Top with optional toppings then serve.