Breakfast Peanut Butter Bread
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Coat a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In bowl whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add in egg, milk and peanut butter. Stir just until combined. Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool. Makes 1 loaf. Cut into 16 slices.
- Serve each slice with additional peanut butter for additional protein.