Broccoli-Potato Mash with Pecans
- 1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, cut into small chunks
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 4 tablespoons butter-olive oil spread
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and thinly sliced
- ½ package (or 4 ounces) goat cheese
- Place potato cubes in a large pot. Cover with water and heat on high to bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are almost fork tender.
- Add broccoli florets to the potatoes after the potatoes have cooked for 12 minutes. Simmer until both potatoes and broccoli are very tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Drain potato-broccoli mixture and return to pot. Add milk, butter, salt and pepper. Using a potato masher, mash until smooth.
- Stir tomatoes and green onions into potato mixture.
- Transfer mixture to large serving bowl. Crumble goat cheese on top. Garnish with pecans and pistachios.