May 22, 2018
By: Rita P. Smith, MS, RD, CDE, Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital
- 2 cups egg substitutes or 8 eggs
- 1 (10 ¾-ounce) can reduced-fat cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices thick multi-grain bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 links precooked turkey breakfast sausage, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir together the egg substitutes or eggs, soup, milk, mushrooms, green onions, mustard, and pepper; mix well.
- In baking dish combine the bread cubes, sausage and soup-egg mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes or until set. Let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before cutting into squares.