Butternut Squash Chowder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 (14-ounces) packages frozen butternut squash cubes
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook until tender, for about 6-8 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in squash, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, and a touch of salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook until squash is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer 2 cups of soup to blender or food processor. Puree until smooth. Stir puree back into the soup. Serve piping hot.