Caramelized Onion & Grilled Swiss Cheese Sandwich
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ large yellow onion, sliced
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon butter-oil blend
- In nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion slices and cook until dark color and softened. Reduce heat and let simmer for another 15 minutes. When the onions are caramelized, remove from skillet and place in a bowl.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place 2 slices, buttered side down, in skillet over medium high heat. Place 1 slice of cheese on each slice. Top with caramelized onions evenly divided between the 2 sandwiches. Add another slice of cheese, and then the top slice of buttered bread.
- Cook sandwiches until bread is golden brown. Flip and cook until the other side is browned and cheese has melted. Remove sandwiches to a cutting board. Let sit for a few minutes before cutting in half.