- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾-1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Light coat a 10-inch bundt pan with cooking spray, and then dust with flour
- In medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl whisk together applesauce, sugar, eggs oil, orange juice and orange peel.
- Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture; stir until well blended. Fold in carrots. Pour into pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cake browns and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack before frosting. Frosting is optional.
Makes 12 servings.