Cereal Nut Snacks
- 6 cups whole-grain crunchy cereal like Crispix
- 1 cup mixed or preferred nuts
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- ½ cup nut butter
- Stir together cereal and nuts in a mixing bowl.
- In microwave-safe bowl combine brown sugar and corn syrup. Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until sugar is dissolved, stirring several times. Immediately stir in nut butter until smooth.
- Pour liquid over cereal mixture and toss to coat. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper.
Makes 2 dozen.
Note: This recipe can be gluten-free if made with crunchy gluten-free cereal.