Cheddar Asparagus Quiche
- 1 tablespoon plain dry breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces small potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup 2 percent shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skim or 2 percent milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons melted butter or no-trans-fat margarine
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle the bottom with bread crumbs. Starting in the center, arrange the potato slices in overlapping circles up to the rim. Coat with cooking spray and press down gently. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with ¼ cup cheddar cheese. Spread the asparagus pieces and scallions evenly over the potatoes. Top with ¼ cup cheese.In small bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, butter, mustard and pepper. Pour evenly over the vegetables. Sprinkle the top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let rest a few minutes before cutting into wedges.