- 1 orange
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter-oil blend, melted
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen unsweetened pitted cherries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Grate 1 teaspoon zest from orange. Squeeze orange to get ¼ cup juice. Set the zest and juice aside.
- Heat an 8-inch cast iron or other heavy skillet over medium heat. Add oats and cook until toasted, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Add almond flour, brown sugar, melted butter, almonds, flaxseed and cinnamon. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture clings together in coarse crumbs, about 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl.
- Combine cherries and cornstarch in skillet. Stir in reserved orange zest and juice. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Sprinkle reserve topping over cherry mixture.