Chewy Granola Bars
- 1½ cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup oat bran
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- ¼ cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 11x7-inch metal baking pan with foil, leaving 1-2 inches hanging over ends. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place oats and oat bran on pan and toast until oats are lightly browned and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Transfer to large mixing bowl and add flour, apricots, walnuts, wheat germ and salt.
- Combine pineapple juice concentrate, brown sugar and honey in small skillet. Cook over medium heat until brown sugar dissolved, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour honey mixture over oat mixture, stirring to coat.
- Spoon oat mixture into baking pan. With moistened hands, press mixture evenly into the pan. Bake until firm, about 20 minutes. Using foil carefully lift out oat mixture and cool on wire rack. Cut into 12 bars.