Chicken Patties with Lemon-Mustard Sauce
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 round pita bread or whole grain buns
- ½ cup plain nonfat
- Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Prepare Lemon-Mustard Sauce: Combine in small bowl – yogurt, sour cream, mustard, garlic and lemon peel. Mix well.
- In medium bowl combine ground chicken, onion, bell pepper, garlic, bread crumbs and pepper. Shape into 4 patties.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add patties; cook 4 minutes. Turn patties; cook for 4 minutes.
- Place lettuce in pita. Top with chicken and sauce.
Makes 4 servings.