Chili-Crusted Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
- 1-2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, divided
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano leaves, crushed, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Anchovy paste to taste
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce, cut into strips
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 whole-wheat pita bread
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Grate lemons to get 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest, then squeeze lemons to get ¼ cup fresh lemon juice. Combine the lemon juice and zest in small bowl. Set aside ¼ teaspoon garlic.
- Add remaining garlic, 1 teaspoon oregano and chili powder to lemon peel mixture; stir to combine. Rub chicken with lemon peel mixture.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon garlic, remaining ½ teaspoon oregano, oil and anchovies in large bowl. Add lettuce; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese; toss.
- Spray cold grid with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare grill for direct grilling. Place chicken on grid 3-4 inches above medium-hot coals. Grill chicken 5-6 minutes. Turn chicken and grill 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Arrange salad on 4 plates. Slice chicken in fan shape, arranging over the salad. Serve with pita bread.
Makes 4 servings.