Chocolate-Chia Morning Oatmeal
- 4 cups low-fat milk
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-2 pinches of salt
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 bananas
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- Heat milk in large saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat and stir in oats. Cook for 5 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cocoa powder, salt, 3 tablespoons chia seeds and 3 tablespoons maple syrup. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Divide the oatmeal between 6 bowls. Top with banana slices, chia seeds, and nuts. Drizzle with remaining maple syrup.