Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour (can replace ½ cup flour with ½ cup whole wheat flour)
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 24 medium muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl whisk together flour, oats, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and chocolate chips,
- In a large bowl stir together eggs and yogurt. Stir in zucchini. Add dry ingredients to flour mixture, mixing just until combined.
- With a spoon, scoop the batter evenly into all muffin tins, filling three-quarters. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Test the muffins for doneness by poking with toothpick inserted in the middle of muffin to see if it comes out clean. Let muffins cool in the tins for 15 minutes before removing to cooling rack.