- 1 cup apple cider
- ½ stick cinnamon
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, halved and cored
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Bring apple cider and cinnamon stick to a boil in small sauce pan over high heat. Let boil, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about ½ cup.
- Add apple halves; cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until apples are just tender. Gently remove apple halves and poaching liquid from saucepan. Refrigerate until cooled.
- In small bowl combine yogurt and ground cinnamon; reserve 1 tablespoon. Divide remaining yogurt mixture evenly among 2 dessert dishes. Place apple halves on top of sauce. Sprinkle each apple half with toasted pecans. Drizzle with remaining yogurt sauce. Makes 2 servings.