Corn and Couscous Salad
- 3 tablespoons uncooked couscous
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1 medium green onion, cut crosswise into 6 pieces
- 3 tablespoons fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon light brown sugar
- ½ medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil water and add couscous. Cook for length of time according to package directions. Transfer to medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 5 minutes or cool slightly.
- In food processor or blender, process dressing ingredients for 15 seconds or until green onion is finely chopped.
- Pour dressing over couscous. Stir in corn and pimientos.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Make 2 servings