- 3 cups corn chips
- 2 cups white bean turkey chili (recipe below)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded sharp 2% cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 7x11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place 1½ cups corn chips in bottom of dish. Spread chili over the corn chips.
- Combine pinto beans with Mexican seasoning and spread on top of chili. Pour salsa over chili. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top; sprinkle remaining corn chips evenly on top.
- Bake 25 minutes or until casserole is bubbly. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
White Bean Turkey Chili
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast (use soy veggie crumbles to make vegetarian)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 3 (14.5-ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook crumbled turkey in oil in large pan over medium heat until brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.