Couscous with Apricots and Pistachios
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup uncooked whole-wheat couscous
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 14 dry-roasted unsalted pistachios, chopped
- In small saucepan, bring water to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Stir in couscous. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, put apricots in small microwaveable bowl. Stir in oil. Microwave, covered, on HIGH for 30 seconds or until softened.
- In small bowl, stir together orange zest, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in apricots.
- Spoon apricot mixture over hot couscous. Fluff with a fork to combine flavors. Sprinkle each serving with chopped pistachios. Makes 2 servings.