Cream of Zucchini Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (14.4-ounce) cans reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 8 ounces potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 lb. zucchini, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1½ cups fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup nonfat Greek plain yogurt
- In large saucepan, heat oil over moderate heat. Add onion and garlic, then ¼ cup broth. Sauté until softened but not browned. Add potatoes and stir to coat. Pour in remaining broth and bring to a boil.
- Add zucchini and simmer, partially covered, until all vegetables are very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Blend with blender stick until smooth.
- Stir puree into broth and allow to cool. Stir in milk, salt, and pepper; chill soup until ready to serve.Before serving, spoon a large spoonful of yogurt into each bowl of soup.
Makes 8 servings.