Creamy Green Pea Salad
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen petite peas, thawed
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup light or regular mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Grated 2% cheddar cheese
- In mixing bowl combine thawed peas, green onions, water chestnuts and bacon pieces.
- In small bowl whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise and dill weed.
- Add dressing to pea salad. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to “marry” the flavors.
- When serving, garnish with cheddar cheese sprinkled evenly on top.