Curried Lentils with Fruit in Slow Cooker
- 5 cups water or low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1½ cups dried lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup lemon nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- In slow cooker stir together water, lentils, apple and raisins. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until lentils have absorbed water.
- Transfer lentil mixture to large bowl; stir in yogurt, curry powder and salt until well blended. Makes 6 servings.