Egg Muffin Cups
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 2% shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 3 cups frozen country-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons melted butter/no-trans-fat margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs. Stir in cheese and bell pepper. Set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together hash browns, butter/margarine and pepper. Divide evenly into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Press mixture onto sides and bottom of muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Spoon egg mixture evenly into the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the top with chives. Return to oven; bake 13-15 minutes or until set.
Makes 12 servings.
Note: Extras can be stored in airtight container in the refrigerator, and reheated for another breakfast.