Feta and Spinach Stuffed Turkey Burgers
- ¼ cup cornflake crumbs
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons cholesterol-free egg substitute or 1 medium egg
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground turkey
- ½ (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/3 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped black olives
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh tomato
- Heat grill pan or grill.
- In medium bowl stir together cornflake crumbs, onions and egg substitute in medium bowl. Add ground turkey; mix well. Pat turkey mixture into 8 thin patties on sheet of waxed paper.
- Drain spinach, squeezing out excess liquid. In small bowl stir together spinach, cheese, olives and pepper. Place 2 tablespoons spinach mixture on top of 4 turkey patties. Top with remaining patties. Top with remaining patties, pressing edges to seals.
- Grill patties over medium heat 11-13 minutes or until cooked through. Serve topped with chopped tomato on whole-grain bun.