Fresh Spinach and Couscous Salad
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup whole wheat couscous
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (2½-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoons dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 ounces fat-free sundried tomato and basil feta cheese, crumbled
- Pour water into microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until boiling. Remove from microwave; stir in couscous. Cover with plastic wrap; let stand 5 minutes.
- Place couscous in fine mesh strainer. Rinse under cold water until cooled; drain excess water.
- In large bowl combine spinach, beans, salami, olives, oregano, basil, pepper, oil and vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Add couscous to spinach mixture; stir until blended. Add cheese; toss gently.
Makes 4 servings.