Fried Brown Rice with Tofu
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 ounces firm tofu, cut into ½ -inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced Chinese cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup salt-free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beaten eggs; cook and stir 2-3 minutes until soft curds form. Remove eggs from wok. Cut eggs into small pieces with spoon; set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in wok over high heat. Add garlic, ginger and red pepper; cook about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add cabbage, carrots and peas; cook about 5-10 minutes until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir in rice, tofu, soy sauce, chicken broth, sherry and vinegar; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in eggs just before serving.
Makes 4 servings.