Fruit Muesli Cereal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins
- 1½ cups fat-free milk (can use soy or almond milk)
- 1 apple
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ounce hazelnuts, chopped
- ½ ounce pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame or ground flaxseed
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- 4 tablespoons plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons honey
- Place oats and raisins in large bowl. Add milk and stir to combine. Cover and place in refrigerator. Leave to soak overnight.
- In the morning before breakfast, grate the apple. Toss with the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Stir the hazelnuts and seeds into the oat mixture. Stir in grated apple and berries.
- Divide between 4 bowls. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon yogurt and 1 teaspoon of honey.
Makes 4 servings.