- 1 cup whole-grain couscous
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped, pitted prunes
- Finely grated zest of 1 small orange
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 nectarines, sliced
- 8 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- Put the couscous in a bowl with raisins, prunes and orange zest and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Pour milk into saucepan and bring just to a boil. Pour the hot milk over the couscous mixture, stirring well and then cover with foil. Leave to soak for 10 minutes or until couscous is plump and milk has been absorbed.
- Spoon couscous into bowls, and top with sliced nectarines and yogurt. Other fresh fruits can be used.
Makes 4 servings.