- 1½ cups coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 2 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch ground red peppe1 medium head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup peeled and diced jicama
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In large bowl combine tomatoes, cucumber onion, bell pepper and corn. Combine lime juice, vinegar, water, oil, garlic, black pepper and ground red pepper in small bowl; whisk until well-blended. Pour over tomato mixture; toss well. Cover and refrigerate for several hours to blend flavors.
- Toss together lettuce, jicama and cilantro in another large bowl. Divide lettuce evenly among 6 plates. Place 2/3 cup chilled tomato mixture on top of lettuce. Makes 6 servings.