Grilled Bell Pepper Salad
- 1 each large red, yellow and green bell pepper, cut into halves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup or 1 ounce crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- Prepare barbecue grill for direct cooking.
- Place bell peppers, skin side down, on grid. Grill bell peppers, on covered grill, over hot coals for 10 minutes or until skin is charred. Place charred bell peppers in paper bag. Close bag; set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes. Remove skin with paring knife; discard skin.
- Place bell peppers in serving bowl.
- In small bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic and black pepper. Pour over bell peppers. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Sprinkle peppers with cheese and basil before serving.
Makes 6 servings.