Grilled Swiss Cheese and Apple Sandwiches
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ tart apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Brush one side of each slice of bread with olive oil.
- Place one slice of bread onto the skillet, olive oil side down. Place one slice of cheese on the bread. Top with apple slices, and then the remaining slice of Swiss cheese. Top with the second slice of bread.
- Cook until bread is golden brown. Flip the sandwich over. Cook until the other side is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
Makes 1 sandwich.