Italian-Style Veggie Dip
- ½ cup sundried dry-pack tomatoes
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Assorted fresh veggies for dipping: cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, zucchini sticks, pepper strips, broccoli florets, etc.
- Place sundried tomatoes in a bowl; pour boiling water over to cover. Soak for about 30 minutes or until plump and tender. Drain tomatoes well, pat dry and chop finely.
- In food processor, puree the cottage cheese with the yogurt. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the diced tomatoes. Cover and chill until serving time.
- Before serving, shred the basil and stir into the dip, along with salt and pepper.
- Serve with assorted raw vegetables.
Makes 8 servings.