Lemon-Poached Halibut with Carrots
- 3 medium carrots, cut into julienne strips
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1 teaspoon no-salt vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 fresh or plain frozen halibut steaks or fillets
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- Lemon slices
- Combine carrots, water, wine, lemon juice, rosemary, marjoram, bouillon granules and pepper in large skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Carefully place fish and onions in skillet. Return just to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Carefully transfer fish to serving platter – use a slotted spatula. Spoon vegetables over fish. Garnish with lemon slices.
Makes 4 servings.