Macaroni and Cheese
- 1½ cups multigrain elbow macaroni
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk or skimmed evaporated milk, divided
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon 2% shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon panko unseasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 1-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain macaroni in colander under cold water to cool slightly; shake off excess liquid. Set aside in bowl.
- In small saucepan mix together flour, mustard, pepper and salt. Add ½ cup milk and whisk until smooth. Place over medium heat. Whisk in remaining milk. Continue to cook, stirring until bubbly and thickened. Remove from heat; let cool 2-3 minutes. Stir in ½ cup cheese and mix until melted.
- Add egg white to slightly cooled macaroni and mix. Add cheese sauce to macaroni mixture and mix. Spoon macaroni mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Mix together 1 tablespoon cheese, paprika and panko. Sprinkle mixture on top of macaroni. Bake until bubbly and lightly browned for 15-20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.