Marinated Broccoli Salad
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ medium carrot, grated
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup diced roasted red bell pepper, drained
- 2 tablespoons plain rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- In medium bowl, stir together broccoli, carrot, onion and bell pepper.
- In small bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients, except Parmesan cheese. Pour dressing over broccoli salad. Stir gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Before serving, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 2 servings.